Thursday, August 13, 2009

Teri's Hot and Sweet Drumsticks


So, I saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and I bookmarked it, planning to make it eventually. Then, Pioneer Woman decided to go ahead and make them, and tease me more. So last night, I caved. And thank goodness I did. Teri, you're a goddess.

*You can make these without the skin on the chicken, if that's what you prefer!)


1 cup Apricot Preserves
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 tsp Tabasco
3 lbs. Drumsticks (about 10-12) (which were on sale $1/lb, which was a sign from the Giant gods that this recipe was meant to be made!!)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a small saucepan and cook on low heat, until it's all melted together and delicious.
Arrange your drumsticks in a baking dish. *i used a 13x9 glass baking dish, which was PERFECT*
Pour the sauce over the drumsticks and turn to coat.
Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes, spooning sauce over the drumsticks a few times during baking. It actually took about an hour to cook mine, and for the last two minutes, I put the oven on broil to caramelize the sauce on the legs... oh wow was it good.

My review: Abso freaking lutely one of my favorite recipes of all time. I seriously can't wait to make this AGAIN. Yum.