Thursday, November 5, 2009

Seasoned Potato Wedges




I wouldn't call this a recipe, just a "preparation suggestion".  Either way, these are a favorite at my house, and they will be at yours, too!


Russet Potatoes, washed, cut into wedges
Lawry's season salt

Deep fry the potato wedges until they float to the top of the oil and are browned to your liking.  (I like mine crispy, so this takes about 10 minutes).  Once they are ready, get them out and place on paper towels to blot the extra oil out of them.  Sprinkle Lawry's over the potato wedges.
 You can eat them at this point, or you can keep following me...
Place in a baking pan in a single layer, and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.  Often, I will make these ahead, and if whatever else I'm cooking is in the oven, I'll throw the wedges in to keep them warm, and for them to get a little bit more crisp.


My review:  You can't go wrong with potatoes.  Really.