Friday, July 15, 2011

Baked Zucchini Fries




3 zucchinis (about 1 lb.)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the powdery stuff!)
1 packet Shake N Bake Chicken coating mix
2 eggs, beaten


Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
Cut the ends off each zucchini.  Cut crosswise in half and then cut each piece into 1/4 inch matchlike sticks.
Add cheese to coating mix in a ziploc bag and shake to combine.
Add zucchini to the beaten egg in a bowl and toss to coat.
Place 1/4 of the zucchini in the bag with the breading and toss to coat.
Spread onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Bake 7 minutes, and then turn.
Bake 7 more minutes.

Serve with ranch dressing, or any other dipping sauce you would like.

My review:  These were delicious. My fiance was a little apprehensive because he loves fried zucchini and was disappointed when he heard I was planning on baking these.  He was pleasantly surprised, and said that these were just as good!  I loved them.  I would like to try them with a different flavor of shake and bake, like the herb one...  Also, some fun dipping sauce.  I think thousand island would be good, or a spicy ranch.  So many possibilities, and this is one of my favorite foods!