Makes about 16 mini meatloaves.
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Zatarain's Dirty Rice (cooked acoording to package directions, without the ground beef)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook your rice the night before if possible -- it takes about 30 minutes, so it's nice to not have to do that the night that you plan to bake your mini meatloaves.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Throw the peppers, onion, tomatoes, ground beef, and rice in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spray a regular size muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin hole with the beef mixture. Pack it in - they will shrink as they cook.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top each with some cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a big green salad -- I even broke up the loaves and mixed them into my salad.
My review: This was an idea I had when my peppers didn't look very pretty, and when I remembered that I don't even like the pepper part of stuffed peppers. I loved this. It was pretty spicy, and if your family doesn't like much spice, then you may want to just use 2 cups of regular white or brown rice.