Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Burritos!

1/2 lb ground beef (I actually used leftover taco seasoned meat from tacos...)
1 tbsp chili powder (omit this if you did what i did, using taco seasoned meat)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4-1/2 cup salsa (however much you like)
onions
tomato
lettuce
cheddar cheese or taco cheese
Tortillas (with this much meat, you can fill 4 burrito size tortillas)


Brown your ground beef, adding the chili powder when it's about halfway browned. Or, if you are using leftover taco meat, like I did, because I'm a cheater, just heat it up a bit. Add the black beans and salsa and heat until warm.

You may laugh, but this makes all the difference: to heat up your tortillas, use an ungreased skillet on medium heat, and throw your tortilla on for about 15 seconds per side.

Once your tortillas are heated, go nuts and fill them!


My review: I had always bought burrito kits when I wanted to make burritos. But last night, I had leftover taco meat and I was determined to make myself some burritos. So i added the black beans and salsa, which ended up making the burritos very filling. I love mexican food and would eat it every night if i could. Enjoy!