Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crock Pot Turkey Chili


1 package 97/3 Ground Turkey (1.3 lbs)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (only add the seeds if you like lots of heat!)
2 cans light kidney beans, slightly drained
1 can black beans, slightly drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chili powder

Brown the turkey with the onion, garlic and jalapeno.
Mix turkey and all other ingredients in your Crock Pot.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3 hours.
Serve topped with shredded cheese, onion, black olives, or crushed tortilla chips.

My review:  This was a good chili.  I think next time I will add at least one or two more jalapenos, because I felt like it needed a bit more heat, but overall it was a really good chili.  I topped it with cheese and dipped it with tortilla chips.  Obviously ground beef can be substituted for the turkey.