Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lasagna Roll-Ups




12 Lasagna Noodles
2 eggs
1 (15 oz) container Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
Salt, Pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp Italian Season blend
1 jar of your favorite sauce (or leftover meat sauce from spaghetti) (i used leftover veggie puh-sgetti sauce)
2 cups shredded mozzerella

Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package.  Drain, and lay flat on a cutting board or wax paper.
Mix eggs, ricotta, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and italian season blend.
Spread across the length of each noodle, about 1 tbsp per noodle.
Roll up each noodle.
Cover the bottom of a square baking dish with a layer of sauce.  Arrange the roll-ups in a single layer.
Cover with sauce.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Cover with shredded mozzerella, and return to the oven until melted and bubbly, about 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy!

My review:  This was my quick alternative to making lasagna.  I didn't feel like fussing with all the layers, and I didn't want to make very much.  The recipe can be easily halved, which is what I did.  Just as delicious as lasagna, but a nice change.  If I make it again, I will just use jarred sauce, no meat.  It could have used a "saucier" texture.  Yum!