Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Creamy Southwest Enchiladas

The Santa Fe Cooking Creme Kicks the Italian Herb Cooking Creme's butt.  These enchiladas were easy and delicious, and only took about 40 minutes to prepare, and most of that was baking time.

2 cups frozen corn, cooked
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded  (I put 3 boneless skinless breasts in the crock pot on low all day, then shred when I get home)  (1 lb of ground beef, browned, could be a substitute)
1 tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
1/2 cup Mexican Shredded cheese, plus more for topping
8 (6inch) flour tortillas

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the corn, black beans, chicken, cheese and 3/4 cup of the cooking creme.
Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture down center of each tortilla and roll up.
Place in a greased (cooking spray will work) 13x9 baking dish.
Spread the remaining cooking creme on the top of the enchiladas, and then top with some shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.

My review:  These were awesome!  I was actually excited to have to eat them as leftovers.  They are creamy, but not overbearing.  The recipe on the tub called for tomatoes, and I decided to substitute and use corn and black beans instead, making them southwestern.  I'm glad I did, because these were great!  I wouldn't change a thing.  I think the filling would also be good as a taco or quesadilla filling.  Yum!  Pair it with a big salad.