- 1 pound fusilli or rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jar of your favorite red pasta sauce (I used Prego Mushroom)
- 3/4 block of cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion on medium high heat.
- Drain the grease off of the beef, and return to the stove.
- Add in the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce and bring the whole mixture to a simmer.
- Once it is simmering, add in the cream cheese and parmesan and stir well. It will take about 5 minutes for the cream cheese to melt and incorporate into the red sauce. Keep stirring.
- At this point, you can either mix together with the pasta in a large dish, or you can just serve on top of the pasta, whatever floats your pasta-loving boat!
- Serve with a green salad, as the sauce is very creamy and rich.
My review: This was amazing, and something I just threw together on a weeknight for dinner. I planned on making spaghetti, but opened the fridge and saw cream cheese, and it was all over after that. It was such a good hot meal after a crappy cold rainy day. We both loved it, and it was another one where we were fighting over who got to eat the leftovers. Yum!