Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Tacos


Insert apologies for not posting here ....  I've used them all, so instead, I'm giving you an amazing recipe that I think I might be able to eat every single day, that is both easy, and quick!  forgive me?



  • 1 can beer (use what you like - different beers add different flavors)
  • 1 packet Taco Seasoning
  • 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4)

  1. Whisk beer and taco seasoning together in a bowl -- watch out, it will foam!
  2. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker, and pour beer mixture over top.
  3. Cook on low for 8 hours.
  4. There's going to be a lot of juice, but it's okay!  Use 2 forks to shred the chicken completely, and stir.  Put the lid back on for 15 minutes to let the flavors get all yummy and delicious together, and the chicken will soak up the liquid.
  5. Serve on soft taco shells with your favorite toppings.

We served ours with rice, black beans, lettuce, salsa, cheese, onions, and sour cream.  I think corn, red onions, and tomatoes would be great additions, too, we just didn't have them!

My review:  I'm never making taco chicken meat any other way, ever again.  This was the most juicy, delicious chicken ever, and the beer gave it such a yummy depth of flavor.The hubby raved, and how great is it to have a dinner that doesn't heat up your house, and can