Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oven Baked Chili Dogs

Terrible picture, but it's the only one I got in my excitement to enjoy these!
  • 8 hot dogs
  • 8 hot dog rolls
  • 1 can of chili (no beans!)
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Mayonnaise
  • Mustard
  • Hot Dog Relish
  • Black Pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line inside of hot dog buns with mayonnaise and sweet relish.  I know the mayo sounds gross, but it will keep your buns from getting dry while you bake the hot dogs.
  3. Sprinkle some pepper on top of each one.
  4. Add a line of mustard down each roll.. 
  5. Add your the hot dogs, and place into a 13x9 pan (they should fit perfectly!)
  6. Top hot dogs with chili, cheese, and diced onion. 
  7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.

My review:  These tasted amazing!  We were both skeptical about having to wait 45 minutes for hot dogs for dinner, but they were really yummy.  I think they would be a great thing to make if you are having a lot of people over, even possibly for the super bowl.  Even though I don't like relish or mustard on hot dogs, I loved the flavor of these.  Try them!!