Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ree's Springy Shells

In celebration of spring, I decided to finally make Ree's Springy Shells, and they were to die for.  I knew I was going to be visiting one of my local farmer's markets, and all of the green ingredients are in season right now, so I'd be able to find it all.  I'm not going to post the recipe here, because you can find it at the link above.

But I will tell you, that they are amazing.  And make sure to use lots of salt and pepper, otherwise they can be pretty bland.  My family enjoyed it, but they were hoping for some meat, so we had smoked pork chops with them.  The recipe makes a ton, so if you don't want to eat it for 10 days straight, you may want to halve or even quarter the recipe.

But definitely make it, you will not regret it.  Also, if you do try it and find it a little bland, I think adding some red sauce to the mixture would be delicious.  Maybe add 2 layers of red sauce into the mixture.  I'll let you know if I end up trying it!