Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BBQ Round Steak

This makes about six servings.  Believe me, you're going to want leftovers.

3 pounds Round Steak, cut into portions
Flour, for dredging
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 (29oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup water

Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan.  (make sure that pan has a lid!)
Dredge the steaks in flour and cook until brown on both sides.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and then add to the steaks.
Cover and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours. The steaks should be fork tender.

My review:  This is the most amazing, fork tender, melt-in-your-mouth, delicious meat that I have ever tasted in my life.  It's amazing because round steak is a cheaper cut of meat, too.  Served with mashed potatoes, the sauce is great used as a gravy.  I can't tell you enough times how delicious this was.