Sunday, June 12, 2011
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
4-6 russet "baking" potatoes
6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
2 green onions, diced
4 tbsp butter
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
Wash the potatoes and pierce each one a few times with a knife.
Microwave the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes, until they are soft and "baked" texture.
Let them cool until you are able to cut them, and dice. Place the diced potatoes in a square baking dish that you can put in the microwave (8x8 or 9x9).
Top with butter, putting a slice every few inches so that most potatoes get a little butter.
Shake some salt and pepper on top of the potatoes for taste.
Sprinkle with bacon and onions.
Top with cheese.
Put back in the microwave, and cook for 2 minutes.
Serve with Sour Cream for topping!
My review: I love making this! It has a casserole feeling, but can all be done in the microwave. Everyone loves it! It's great paired up with a steak and salad. What I like is that you can make it all up ahead of time before microwaving, go cook your steaks on the grill and then come back and microwave for the two minutes, and then you can eat! If you're looking to save time, buy some real bacon bits instead of making the bacon.
All week long, I wanted a greek salad! So when it came time to make dinner Saturday night, I knew I had to have a greek salad as a starter.
1 bag romaine lettuce
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 tomato, diced into large pieces
1/2 cucumber, sliced and then quartered
Feta Cheese, as desired
Black Olives, if desired (you don't see them here because I don't like them!)
Greek Vinaigrette dressing (Gazebo Room Lite is my favorite! It also makes a great steak marinade...)
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and enjoy! A great summer meal when you add a little bit of chicken!
My review: Yum! We paired this with some grilled filet mignon, and baked potato casserole.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 24 Pasta Shells, Cooked according to package directions
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or diced)
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Extra Cheese for sprinkling on top of shells
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together all ingredients except the pasta and oil in a large bowl.
- Grease the bottom of an square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9) with vegetable oil (spray works too!)
- Fill each of the shells with chicken mixture. Place the shells in the baking dish, seam side up.
- Sprinkle with extra cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until browned and bubbly on top.
- Serve with a big green salad and some extra Red Hot sauce and Ranch/Blue Cheese. They would also be good as an appetizer!
- Double the recipe to use a whole box of shells.
My review: These rocked! I really liked these. I think they would make a great appetizer too. We had them as a meal with a big green salad. Pretty tasty! If you like buffalo wings, you will like this new take on them! Delicious! They were also incredibly easy and quick to make. You could make them ahead the night before and just pop them in the oven when you want them.
Dragonfly Kitchen is back in action!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)