Friday, May 29, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

I'll be honest. I hate meatloaf. I just don't like it. But this isn't meatloaf. This is a bacon cheeseburger brick of awesome. And I'm in denial.

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 beaten egg
1 cup Kraft Cheddar Cheese Crumbles (or shredded, you pick)
1/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (i like the seasoned kind!)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp season salt (Lawry's is best here...)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Pepper to taste
1 small onion, diced (if desired)
6-10 mushrooms, sliced (can use canned, too) (if desired)
6-8 slices Bacon (already cooked, but not tooooo crispy. leave it a little chewy so it can cook into the meatloaf a bit and not burn)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together except the bacon.
Shape into a loaf in a 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake 30 minutes.
Place the bacon on top. You can criscross to make it pretty or just cover the top however you want.
Bake for another 30 minutes or until done.
Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and devouring.


My review: This was good. very tasty. I served it with a salad and some french fries. My mom likes to serve it as a meatloaf sandwich with lettuce and tomato. Either way, it's yummy. And a good alternative to yucky meatloaf.