Friday, July 10, 2009

Bacon Zucchini Pasta


I love Zucchini. I just do. And you should too.


2 cups tri-color rotini pasta, cooked as directed on package (keep warm)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
1 envelope Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
2 tbsp. Real Bacon Bits (or 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped)
3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese

Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in skillet on medium-low heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini, water, bacon and dressing mix; stir. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes on medium heat, until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.
Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.


My review: This is so good served with some grilled chicken breasts or burgers. It's just a light pasta dish, with lots of flavor. I cheated and used some of the real bacon bits, because I didn't feel like cooking up some bacon. You can also use yellow squash in the place or as well as the zucchini. I had some laying around, so I chopped it up smaller than the green zucchini, and put it in with the onions and garlic.