Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baked Oatmeal

I got myself all hot and bothered and hungry for breakfast earlier, so I thought I would finish it up and add another breakfast recipe...

2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
3 cups of quick cooking oats
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups fresh fruit (whatever you like: peaches, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, or a mixture!)
Vanilla or plain yogurt, or cream, or milk



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In large mixing bowl, whisk up your 2 eggs, applesauce, sugar and milk. Once creamy, add oats, salt and baking powder and mix through. (If you are adding in any fruits, add 1 cup of them now!)
Pour batter into greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and cinnamon and the remaining fruit.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Don’t wait too long, as you want to serve it warm!
Top with your preferred topping: I like vanilla yogurt or milk. Or ice cream... (hey, i was in a pinch one morning, and I couldn't help it! it's dairy. kinda)


My review: I love this stuff. I love oatmeal. I can't help it. And it's so good in the summer when you have so many different fresh fruit choices for cheap. So enjoy!