Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Baked Fudge

P-Dub really outdid herself this time. I bought ramekins last weekend, in hopes to soon make creme brulée. But I was having people for dinner last night and remembered this post. And not to ruin your anticipation of my review, but holy cow.

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 heaping tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Beat the eggs until they are light in color.
Then beat in the sugar just until combined.
Now add cocoa, flour, butter, and vanilla. Mix gently until well combined.
Pour the batter into four large ramekins or an 8-inch square baking dish. Set the ramekins or pan into a larger pan halfway full with water.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, until upper crust is crispy and the rest is firm but not set.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

My review: Wow. This is so darn delicious, I have made it twice in a 24 hour period. My guests raved. I like making it in the ramekins, it makes it more personal and cute. And I had cute new ramekins that were begging to be used. Begging. P-Dub, you have never failed me. And I wasn't skeptical. But this was the easiest and most delicious dessert I have ever made from scratch, and it is going to take everything I have not to make it every day. Yum. Make this. Now. (And go to her site. and comment a lot. and make all of her recipes. Seriously.)