Monday, December 21, 2009

No Bake Aphrodisiacs


I clipped this recipe from Cosmo a long time ago, hence the name... but I thought I'd keep the name, because it's pretty catchy, and maybe they work! 

2 cups sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
2 1/2 to 3 cups rolled oats

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan on medium heat and bring to a slow boil.
Let simmer until the sugar has all dissolved.
Stir in the peanut butter.
Remove from the heat.
Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the oats.  The mixture should be thick, if not, add another 1/2 cup of oats.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.  Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the mixture on the cookie sheet and allow to firm up at room temperature, which will take about an hour.

My review:  Wow, wow, and wow.  Cosmo recommended these to make to "make up with your boyfriend", but I don't care who you make them for, they will forgive you, love you, and probably follow you around forever.  They are scrumptious!  I'm glad I'm giving my batch away as gifts, because I could eat them all!!!