Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crab Melt



6 oz can Crab Meat, drained
1/2 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
2 tbsp Light Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Melted Butter or Margarine
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 dash Garlic Salt
Pepper to taste
4 English Muffins (try the 100 calorie ones -- they are delicious!)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Split the English Muffins.
Mix the crab meat, cheese, celery, onion, mayonnaise, butter, and garlic salt together in a small bowl.
Spread about 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each muffin.
Bake for 20 minutes, then place under the broiler for 3 minutes.

These can also be prepared and frozen before baking.  Do not top with shredded cheese and freeze, separating layers with wax paper or parchment paper.  Bake for 30 minutes.
 

My review:  This was absolutely scrumptious.  I had something like this in a restaurant once and decided to try my hand at making my own.  I think it would make a good appetizer for parties, too, if you would cut in quarters.  I made this full recipe, and froze the rest to use for quick dinners later.