Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Sesame Noodles

So I've been saving this recipe up in my file for a long time, and decided to finally make it this week.  This is another recipe from the amazing Pioneer Woman, and if you would like her step by step instructions, you can find those here.  Her measurements are a bit loose, so I'm including the ones that I used.

12 ounces thin noodles (angel hair, spaghetti, asian style)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp pure sesame oil
1/2 tsp hot chile oil (this can be substituted by vegetable oil, with a pinch of cayenne pepper)
4 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp hot water
3-4 green onions, sliced thin

Cook noodles as directed on package.
Whisk all other ingredients except green onions together in a bowl.
Taste and adjust if needed.
Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions and toss.


My review:  I actually have to be honest and say that this wasn't my favorite.  It was good, but the flavors were a little too strong for me.  Try it!