Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shrimp Quesadillas that would make Bubba proud...


I adapted this recipe a little bit from Pioneer Woman.  I prefer my peppers and onions diced up into small pieces, and to keep my shrimp whole.  But mostly, this recipe came from P-Dub, and it's delicious!

  1 lb. Shrimp (36 count), tailed and deveined
6 tortillas (burrito size)
2 cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 (8oz) bottle mexican red sauce (taco sauce)
Olive Oil
Cooking Spray
Sour Cream and Salsa for dipping

Pour sauce over shrimp and put aside.
Saute onions and peppers in olive oil on high heat until browned.  Remove from skillet.
Keeping your skillet on high heat, pour the shrimp and sauce into the skillet.  Don't stir often, cooking until the shrimp are opaque.  (you can remove the shrimp here and chop into pieces if you like, otherwise, just turn off the heat, and leave them in the pan.)
Spray another skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium heat.  place a tortilla in the skillet, layer ingredients on one side, cheese, shrimp, veggies, cheese, and then fold over.  Cook on both sides.
Slice into wedges and serve.
I like to have mine with rice and beans, and dip them in sour cream and salsa.


My review:  I would make this again.  I loved it.  One of those things like fish tacos that you don't think you'll like, but when you try it, it's like hmm, not bad.  It was nice to try something different.  I love seafood, but don't eat it very often.  This was a nice change.