Monday, July 11, 2011

Stained Glass Jello

So, I suck, and I shoulda posted before July 4th, but I wanted to share this anyways, because you can do any color combination, and it's so pretty!!




1 (6oz) box Jell-O (I used Cherry)
1 (6oz) box Jell-O (I used Berry Blue)
4 cups boiling water
2 envelopes unflavored Knox gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk

In two separate rectangular (13x9) pans, sprinkle each box of Jell-O.  Add 2 cups of boiling water to each pan and stir until the Jell-O dissolves.  Put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours until set.
Cut each pan into small cubes and then mix the cubes in a 9x13 pan.
In a medium bowl, sprinkle the 2 pouches of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water.  When the gelatin blooms (let it sit for 3-5 minutes), add the 1 1/2 cups boiling water.  Whisk together until all the gelatin dissolves.  Then, add the can of SC milk.  Stir and let cool at room temperature.
Pour the milky mixture over the Jell-O cubes, and stick in the refrigerator overnight.
Cut into squares and enjoy!

My review:  This is so pretty, and tastes soooo good!  I want to make it with green and yellow, because I think it would be pretty!  How fun would it be to do your favorite sports teams colors?  Fun stuff!  Enjoy!