Friday, October 23, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Soup



It's no secret that I have a great love for all of Pioneer Woman's recipes.  So, when she created Tasty Kitchen, I was very excited, because it would be this huge community of wonderful cooks, sharing all of their wonderful recipes.  This recipe was featured on the side as a "Ree Recommends" recipe.  Thank you, Ree, for recommending this recipe, and thanks to RealMomKitchen for sharing.  I love CrockPot recipes, and this one is definitely going to stay in my file.

1 can Black Beans, Rinsed And Drained
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 package (10 Oz.) Frozen Corn
½ cups Onion, Chopped
½ cups Red Pepper, Diced
1 can (10 Oz) Enchilada Sauce
1 can Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup
1-½ cup Milk
2 whole Chicken Breasts
Pepper Jack Cheese, Sour Cream, Crushed Tortilla Chips for topping!

In a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of the mixture.
In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the soup. Top with pepper jack cheese and serve. The soup can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.

My review:  This was a delicious, filling soup.  I used skim milk, which I think made it a little thinner, but that was good for me.  Definitely make this.  And enjoy!