Friday, October 30, 2009

Honey Roasted Red Potatoes


I originally saw this recipe on the Provident Woman's blog, but also found it on AllRecipes.com.
Please excuse the picture, I couldn't get a good one of these for some reason.  

1 pound red potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons diced onion
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground black pepper

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish, and top with onion. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes and onion.
Bake for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through the cooking time. 
 
My review:  Honestly, I didn't like these as much as I wanted to.  My first mistake was not using a big enough baking dish, so the potatoes were swimming in the honey juice, which made them way too sweet for me.  I also used too much onion.  I plan to try these again, following the recipe for real, and using a bigger dish, but until then, I thought I'd share the recipe, because I'm sure someone out there will like them as much as I wanted to like them... and maybe you'll be smart enough to follow the recipe!!