Thursday, April 8, 2010

Meaty MushroomThin Crust Pizza

I'm going to be making a lot of variations of these coming up.  I have class 2 evenings a week, with very little time to get something for dinner, and this is a quick, fun, and healthy meal.  My lovely friend, Nicole, is south beaching it, and she told me about this yummy way she gets to enjoy pizzas.  Here, I'm giving you the ingredients to make two, but you can make as few or as many as you want!

2 low carb wheat tortillas (the wheat, low carb ones get crispier!)
4 tbsp pizza sauce
Reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
4 mushrooms, sliced
2 slices deli cooked ham
10-20 turkey pepperonis

Spray a cookie sheet with a little bit of Pam, and then place your tortillas side by side, not overlapping.  You might need two cookie sheets.  Spread 2 tbsp of sauce on each tortilla.  If you like more sauce, feel free to add more.
Top the sauce with your desired amount of cheese on each pizza, and then follow with pepperonis, ham, and mushrooms.  Other topping options could be turkey sausage, onions, peppers, tomatoes, or any other veggie.  Be creative!
Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.


My review:  Nicole is a genius.  This was so good.  What a nice, easy, low-carb meal.  I can't wait to make more.  I know it's cheating for new recipes, but I'm going to post all my variations that I end up making.  This is really yummy!  Try making your own, and if you get any good variations, lemme know so I can try them too!