- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (32 oz) box chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
- 1 (5 oz) package grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
My review: This was delicious! Tasted just like lasagna, with a little less work! Serve with crispy baguette slices and a yummy green salad.
- In a large pot, combine ground beef,
onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in thyme, brown sugar, broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce,
Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat;
reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add noodles, and simmer until noodles
are tender. (If you want, you can boil these separately and then just add in at this point).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Serve in bowls, covered in mozzerella cheese.