Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pinterest!

I've not dropped off the face of the earth... I have about 6 recipes waiting to be shared with you, but my camera is holding my pictures hostage.  My SD card is stuck in my camera, and as soon as I figure out how to remove it without killing my camera, you will get some new recipes - most of which my husband claimed were "good as hell" which is apparently his new compliment that means something is really good  -- I think he should work on it, what do you think? ;-) 

In the meantime, I want to tell you about my current obsession:  Pinterest!  It's still in an invite only stage, but if you need an invite, just leave a comment with your email address or email me (address is to the right...) and I will send you one!

Basically, it's this cool social network tool, where you can pin pictures you find on any website to a board, and when you want to go back to the original site, you just click on the picture.  It's like using bookmarks, but you get a picture, and you get to share your bookmarks with other users.

Here's a screenshot of one of my recipe boards...



I love finding new recipes on here, as well as crafty new projects.  I may go broke if I try to do all the crafty projects I've found, but it's a great place to find decorating inspiration, crafty projects, wedding ideas, cleaning tips, fun ideas for kids,  and other things you never knew you wanted to find :-)  You can link up with any of your friends on facebook, and tweet your pins -- it's very cool!

Follow Me on Pinterest