Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chicken Broccoli Divan

So so easy! and a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey! When I have leftovers after roasting a chicken or turkey (which I rarely do, so I make a big one for this reason...), I usually chop it up and throw it in the freezer, so I can whip up quick meals like this one!


1 pkg. (about 10 oz.) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey (use leftovers! or a rotisserie chicken from the store!)
1 can Condensed Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted



Arrange broccoli and chicken in 9" pie plate or 2-qt. shallow baking dish.

Mix soup and milk and pour over all.

Sprinkle with cheese. Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top.

Bake at 400°F. for 25 min. or until hot.

Broil about 1 min. to lightly brown topping.


My review: I love chicken and broccoli together. I don't know what it is. But I like it. and this was so simple that it was even better! Definitely a keeper.