Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Old Bay Shrimp Scampi



I saw this recipe on the back of the Old Bay can, and I knew that I just HAD to make it. Oh yeah, and those are boiled monkey heads next to the pasta in the picture. Otherwise known to normal people as brussels sprouts...

1/3 cup oil (i used 1/2 vegetable and 1/2 olive)
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and tails off
2 tsp Old Bay
1 tsp Parsley Flakes
1 tbsp Lemon Juice

Heat the Oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
Add shrimp, Old Bay, and parsley.
Saute for 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Stir in Lemon Juice.

Serve over angel hair pasta. Top with Parmesan and a bit of mozzerella cheese.


My review: This was incredibly easy. and very yummy. I highly recommend this recipe. You can adjust the Old Bay to your preferred spiciness. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 tsp, and I added a bit more. Enjoy!