Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crock Pot Chili

1 1/2 pounds ground beef, browned
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours (high for 4-5 hours).

Serve with some cornbread, and top with a bit of cheddar cheese.


My review: This is the recipe I use every time I make chili, and it turns out wonderfully every single time. I love finding crock pot recipes that take 8-9 hours, not 4 hours, because I like to throw it in before work and leave it in there for the whole time I'm at work. I can't come home at lunch. The crock pot is supposed to make my life easier. DUH. sorry for the small rant. Make the chili. You'll love it.