Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baked Potato Pizza

1 can Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust (or any other pizza crust you wanna use)
Provolone Cheese (about 6 slices)
2 cups cubed baked potato (1 large potato or 2-3 small)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped (or use real bacon bits, if you're lazy like me)
1 cup mild shredded Cheddar
1/4 cup green onions, if you want

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease cookie sheet.
Unroll dough into 15x10 rectangle
Arrange the provolone slices on the dough. (I like lots of cheese, so I used 8, but the recipe said 6....)
In a bowl, mix the potatoes, olive oil, and ranch dressing mix.
Spoon mixture evenly on top of the provolone.
Sprinkle with bacon and Cheddar cheese.
Bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown (about 12-16 minutes).
Serve with sour cream and/or ranch dressing.


My review: This was good. Not as good as the kind you get out, but if you're searching for carb overload in the comfort of your own home, go for it. Also, I used pizza crust that I found in my grocery store's bakery section. They make their dough, throw it in a bag, and freeze it. So it's fresh and wonderful... Check it out at your store. It also makes fabulous stromboli crust.