Thursday, June 4, 2009

Southwestern Layered Dip

1 can refried beans (doesn't matter what kind - vegetarian, fat free, full fat, whatever makes your skirt fly up)
Chopped fresh cilantro (I can't give you an exact on this...)
1 cup corn (the recipe I used said to use canned MexiCorn... i hate canned corn, so i used some frozen corn...)
1 (8oz) container sour cream
1 package taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup Taco Cheese

Spread your refried beans, whatever kind you chose, on the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
Cover them with a bit of cilantro.
Next, layer your corn over top of the cilantro and beans.
Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning together, then spread over top of the corn.
Cover with the cheese and a bit of cilantro.
Serve with tortilla chips.


My review: I never thought I was much of a cilantro fan. But it was pretty darn good. Reminded me of the heavenly Pico de Gallo recipe on Pioneer Woman's website. But this was good. A nice dip to have on hand if you have vegetarians to worry about. Personally, I like anything I can dip tortilla chips in. This made me want to whip up some Southwestern Bean Salad, though. Yummy