Thursday, June 4, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Broiler Pizza

1/4 cup refrigerated ranch dip (dip, not dressing)
12 inch prebaked pizza crust
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (you can use canned, if you like)
1 cup chopped tomatoes (I like plum tomatoes...)
Buffalo Wing Sauce (about 1/4 cup, but it depends if you like it spicy or beyond..)
1 package (2 cups) Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese Blend (I threw some Mozzerella on as well...)
1/4 cup chopped green pepper (optional) (I recommend it.. seriously.)
1/4 cup chopped onion (optional) (You could pass on this... it added a little extra zing, in my opinion, but if you've noticed, i use onion a lot in my recipes....)


Set your oven to Broil. If you have the option of low or hi (some ovens do, mine does not), set it to low. You would much rather it take a bit longer than have it flaming in your oven!
Spread the dip on the pizza crust.
Top with Chicken and Tomatoes.
Sprinkle the buffalo sauce over the pizza.
Throw on the cheese, green peppers, and onion.
I recommend putting the pizza on the rack of your broiler pan, if you have one. Other pans don't like high broiler heat if they can help it.
Broil about 6 inches from heat, for about 8 minutes. Make sure to watch it closely!


My review: Yum. This was good and spicy. I'm not a huge fan of the prebaked crusts, but that's my deal. Using it here made this recipe done in like 10 minutes, so who can complain?? I used canned chicken, realizing it would be much better with fresh cooked chicken. but still, it was good. I will most likely make this again on a night that I have class, because I am always looking for dinners that don't take much time, but are at least a hot meal. Serve it with a salad and some celery! For some reason, celery just tastes so much better when paired with buffalo chicken ANYTHING.