Monday, June 22, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Ree over at Pioneer Woman is killing me. She keeps posting all these fabulous recipes and I just can't keep up. This one I made, and so I'm passing it on. But please, please go to her website and make lots of her recipes and munch on them all day, and then tell me about them. Because I can't make them all. But I'm trying.

For the crust:
25 oreos, crushed (this works best if you put them in a food processor) I don't have a food processor, so i put mine in a ziploc bag and beat the crap out of them
4 tsbp butter, melted

Crush the oreos until they're fine. Pour the melted butter over top and mix together with a fork. Press into a pie pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes, or until set. Don't burn it. Please don't burn it. Remove from Oven and make sure it cools completely.


For the delicious, peanut buttery filling:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered 10x sugar
1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip, thawed

Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat again until smooth. Add in the Cool Whip, and guess what? Beat it again until it's .... SMOOTH.
Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Ree recommends that you cut this in small slices because it's ultra rich. I agree with her, except that I think my first "small slice" turned into about 4 small slices. So, do what you like. Enjoy that sucker.

My review: I'm lovin' it. And not like I love McDonald's breakfast burritos, even though that's a deep love. I'm a big peanut butter fan, and this exceeded all my expectations. I plan to make this a lot. Because it was easy. But so so so so worth the small bit of trouble it took. Yum. Please make this. You will love it. mmmm. and sure, if you want, use reduced fat cool whip. but personally, i don't recommend it. :-P